Direct Mail Marketing is a strategy used by businesses to target potential customers through the postal system. With the right aesthetic, message, and targeted residents, direct mail could be what makes the difference between gaining a client or having them look for your service or product elsewhere. Through direct mail marketing with AmeriList, we have the tools to identify what prospects would be most likely to utilize your company through mailed marketing materials.
What’s In it For You?
- Having the ability to target specific customers, both potential and existing, gives your business an edge. Direct mail gives you the channel to convey your message and know exactly who is receiving it. By knowing precisely who your audience is, you can use that knowledge to craft a brochure, flyer, letter, coupon, postcard, or any other item, to appeal to the specific people opening it in the mail - that is, with the help of AmeriList to create it for you!
- With the use of helpful marketing strategies, design, and concepts, more residents in your target market will do a double-take, and take the time to actually check out your company’s mail. Our team will help you pinpoint how to effectively turn those second glances into success.
How Does Mailing in Bulk Work & How Will it Save You Money?
Bulk mail, also known as “USPS Marketing Mail” or “presorted”, offers reduced costs for large amounts of mail, and is cheaper than “single-piece mail”. Depending on your specific needs, commercial prices for USPS are available to businesses who are looking to send out various mailings to an abundance of addresses. These costs tend to be lower because some of the work is already done before the postal service gets involved. In order to implement commercial mailing, you have to obtain a mailing permit, pay an annual mailing fee, and pay for postage ahead of time. These steps can significantly reduce the cost of your mail if your business utilizes the USPS on a regular basis for bulk mailing.
To qualify for Bulk Business Mailing, you must have a minimum of:
- 500 pieces for First-Class Mail
- 200 pieces (or 50 lbs) for USPS Marketing Mail
- 50 pieces for Parcel Select
- 300 pieces for Carrier Route Bound Printed Matter
- 300 pieces for Library Mail
- 300 pieces for Media Mail
How Does Direct Mail Marketing Compel Residents to Choose Your Business?
- DESIGN: Get their attention! Using color, style, texture, and other visual techniques, the eye of your recipient can be caught by something that stands out.
- TARGETED MESSAGING: The message of your postcard or mailer is essential. A piece of your marketing mail can be sent based on a variety of different targeting options that specifically appeal to the person opening your mail. By utilizing AmeriList’s marketing services, you will have the data to send personalized, specifically crafted content to what your recipient’s interests are, as well as a variety of other demographics.
- TRUST: Let’s face it, even though electronic mail is fast and modern, everyone knows that email can leave people susceptible to being hacked. This distrust of the Internet gives “snail mail” an advantage because a piece of cardstock cannot steal your information! People are much more likely to trust your business’s authenticity if your message is physically in their hands.
Getting Down to The Fine Printing
No matter what your approach is, whether it’s direct mail postcards, brochures, letters, flyers, and more, we specialize in providing direct marketing materials for small businesses that really work. Our printing services include both mailing materials as well as non-mailing.
- Business Cards
- Yard Signs
- Pocket Folders
We have everything you need to execute your direct mail marketing campaign from start to finish, including sending it out to mail. With the help of our creative team, visual and verbal eloquence is utilized in successfully launching your direct mail project.
So, What Happens After It Gets Mailed?
The beauty of direct mail marketing is that it can be tracked step-by-step! There is no mystery of your advertisements getting lost in cyberspace, because it physically exists somewhere. Our customers have the luxury of being able to track exactly where their postcard is during transit, and when it arrives at its intended destination.