Indicia / Permit Imprints can be used on:
- First-Class Mail®
- Standard Mail®
- Package Services
- Insurance & Extra Services
Permit imprint indicia must read in the same direction as the delivery address on the mailpiece. The indicia must not intrude on reserved space if such a standard applies and can be placed in one of these four positions:
- Upper right corner of the mailpiece.
- Upper right corner of the address area.
- To the right of the address on an address label.
- To the right of the address on an insert appearing through a window envelope.
In general, Permit Imprint mailings must contain at least 200 pieces or 50 lbs.
The required minimum per mailing is:
- 200 pieces (or 50 lbs) for First Class, Standard & Non-Profit Mail
- 500 pieces for Presorted First-Class Mail
Bulk Mailing Facts
- All mailpieces must weigh exactly the same.
- You must do a mailing at least once every 2 years to keep your permit account active.
- You can only use Permit Imprints with bulk mailings. Be sure not to hand out imprinted materials with ‘postage paid’ indicia, since they could be dropped in the mail and will come back to you with postage due.
- Mailpieces must always be brought to the post office where you hold your permit, and never dropped in a collection box or given to a carrier.
- Do not draw by hand or type your Permit Imprint indicia.